July Update - Part 1
As of late we have slacked in our summer blogging, so this is going to be an attempt to catch up and reflect on the month of July.July 14th: My parents arrive in Alaska!
July 15-16: Kenai River Fishing Trip with the Wesser family
I believe I can speak for both Justin and I in saying that this was one of the highlights of our time in Alaska thus far- "The Fish are In the River!!" was the theme of the weekend. Following a negative salmon report that we had not timed it quite right and the salmon were not yet running the Kenai, it was to our exciting surpise to find that the fish were running, and in fact the fish were running at record-breaking numbers.
Prior to arriving in Soldotna, Wendy was our wonderful guide for the day, and took us to tour Seward and Exit Glacier on the Kenai Peninsula. Pictures tell the story much better than I could:
Team Seward bundles up and departs Anchorage earlier than the other Wesser Men, who are disheartened by the diappointing fish report.
Mom & Dad- so happy to have them in Alaska
A bit of a nervewracking drive up to Exit Glacier - roads were flooded
A very rewarding hike to Exit Glacier...just don't touch it!
Dad finds a piece of Exit Glacier floating down the river & becomes quite attached.
"The Fish are in the River" - Wesser Men are focused and strategizing at 5 am
Kenai River Boat Launch - We're ready!!
2 hours later, all 6 fishing licenses were maxed out: 18 red salmon.
All the men with all the fish
After a spectacular weekend with family on the Kenai, Mom and Dad headed up to Denali to stay with Justin and I for the second half of their Alaskan adventure....

No comments:
Post a Comment